Thursday, December 20, 2012

TTDI Ascencia

I sort of stepped into this show room by chance and was told by the sales agent I cannot book anything yet as they haven't launched. However, I can't help notice that about 40% of the units have already been sold. Either a sticker game or as the sales agent told me, booked by staffs and directors of the company. So, "lesser humans" like me have to register. Then submit my details to apply for bank loan. If my loan is approved, my name will be added into a ballot for a chance to buy a property in this project. Waaahhh.... must be like strike lottery!

A 2-bed 779sf unit here costs RM800,000. That's after discount... works out about RM1000psf!! Not the smallest unit, however... But interestingly, the 1-bedroom 840sf unit costs less at RM730,000 or RM870psf. Price varies according to floor of course but how can this be like striking the lottery??

The location is not exactly fantastic. It's accessed by Jalan Damansara on a one-way traffic towards Bandar Utama. After facing such hassle of living by a one-way traffic road, I am convinced these type of locations are bad. Especially when the road tends to get very jam up during peak hours. I am currently facing this problem getting home every day. It takes me over 45mins to drive along Jalan Raja Chulan from St Andrews church to The Weld... yes, 45 mins.... but I can't make a left turn as I reach the Weld for my home because it is one-way. Instead, I have to travel a further 30mins or 1km to reach the junction into my road. Then a further 10-20mins through the congestion of my access road, Jalan Tengah. So, now you all know what I mean? Tedious....

The selling point of this location is the MRT station to be built right in front of this building. Other than that... I can't see anything else, not even the TTDI address.

TTDI stands for Taman Tun Dr Ismail. But this project is separated from TTDI by the busy dual-carriage Jalan Damansara. In fact, it is almost a stand-alone neighbouring the Glomac Damansara Residence. TTDI Ascensia will boast of views of the Glomac's projects or TTDI's sewerage plant, which you can smell from even the project site!! So, avoid the units facing Jalan Damansara even if it's cheap. However, very cleverly, the developers slanted the building's orientation to avoid direct views of the Muslim graveyard. No scary sights....but smell is OK...

Yet another commercial titled serviced apartment, I can't remember what was the maintenance fee but all I can remember I was gasping for breath at the shock of hearing the quote. However, I quite like the 840sf type B1-1 units because it has a lovely garden terrace. But the kitchen area is badly designed in that it is obstructing the outside entrance of the bathroom. That would make it a rather small kitchen...

The 500sf studio units, i.e. the smallest speculator units are out of the question as they all have full blown view and smell of the sewer plant.  So, looks like I won't be falling over anyone to get myself registered for the ballot...

No comments: