Saturday, September 20, 2008

Recently Completed - Merc Residence

I always like niche developments... those which are really low density and exclusive. I have my eye on these places all the time. One such development is Sri Bayu in Bangsar (only 16 units, price circa RM600k), and One Jelatek (99 units by Tan&Tan in Setiawangsa) and now, this one... Merc Residence in Taman Desa. Not to be confused with Marc Residence opposite KLCC, although I suspect the developer was trying to rub shoulders with an established name.

The developer is little known, although apparently they did the shopping mall underneath Dataran Merdeka and the drab shop lots in Taman Shamelin Perkasa. But Merc Residence is completed, so why worry?

In terms of location, Merc Residence is somewhat liveable... it is not quite Bangsar or Seputeh but not too out of the way either. In terms of accessibility, I think it's not too bad as it is the first left turn of Old Klang Road but I would imagine getting out of it in the morning would be a hassle as one has to go further up for a U-turn. Then there is the public transport factor... there is no such facility except the irregular buses but one would not expect the tenants here to be public transport material anyway. In any case, Taman Desa with some very successful condos like One Residency and neighbouring Taman Seputeh's Sri Langit do not rely on the public transport factor to be successful. It's target market which is mainly the booming Midvalley and Pantai enclave would ensure good yield. Each unit is given a car park and with only a total of 36 units, it is extremely low density and exclusive.


With 4 layouts to choose from, I am particularly attracted to the 2 corner units particularly the 1205sf Type A. There are only 10 units of each type to choose from so you can imagine why it is now sold out. Although I know of it's existense some time back when it was launched, I only took sudden interest this morning. And yet, I procrastinated. It was advertised in one of the classifieds and by the time I got there at 5pm, it was completely sold out. The pricing between RM300k and RM450k is extremely aggressive for this kind of development and I am not at all surprised... although disappointed...

Note: Highly disappointed at not being able to snare a unit, I forgot to take any photos - the pics above are courtesy of the developer's website.

No comments: