Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bangsar Trade Center Up's Offer

So, now it's 19.5% guaranteed returns!!

And now it's called Pre-Sale... previously, it was called "Pre-launch"...


The Pre-Sale offer seems better than the Pre-Launch offer, despite the higher price. However, don't lose the hidden message. 19.5% on RM288k translates to RM56,000. Previous pre-launch price was RM220k with 6.5% returns over 2 years, which is RM29k. So, assuming this 19.5% is guaranteed over 1 year (I'm not sure cos I am not going to bother to ask), the extra yield is about RM27k. So, add this RM27k to the old selling price, you get RM255k. So, one can say the "pre-launch" buyers have gained about RM30k so far.

But this is unlikely to be so. In most pre-launches, the cheapest unit is usually snapped up early. So, the RM288k starting price for this "pre-sale" stage is probably the cheapest available unit left.

I have been posting a lot on this topic lately... but I am not picking on Bangsar Trade. I am sure what they are doing is absolutely legitimate and maybe there is even money to be made. But I do find their marketing technique very interesting, that's why I comment...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just stumbled upon your blog. interesting posts. thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights.

keep up the good work...

angie
PJ

Anonymous said...

looks like a scam to me